Functional orthosis for stabilization of the knee
A torn ligament, collateral ligament injury or operation on the meniscus can mean that the knee joint needs to be stabilized from outside for a period of time. SecuTec® Genu is a lightweight but sturdy knee orthosis, designed to fit the anatomy of the leg. It is easy to put on and take off, fits perfectly and is very comfortable to wear.
- Strong stabilization of the knee
- Extremely lightweight and flat
- High level of wearing comfort
HIGH-TECH HEALING POWERS
With the SecuTec Genu, being sturdy and being lightweight are not mutually exclusive. This is made possible by a special, very strong light metal alloy. Breathable, non-slip pads ensure that the orthosis sits securely and comfortably on the leg. In 2007, this concept also impressed the jury for the Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Initiative. They awarded the SecuTec Genu the Innovation Prize in the Industry category.
STABILITY AND COMFORT
The SecuTec Genu is simply put on to the leg from the front. There is therefore no need to bend the knee joint sharply. This minimizes stress peaks on the ligaments or ligament structures that are under strain. Orthotists can easily adapt the frame to fit any particular leg shape.
- Instabilities after rupturing the anterior and/or posterior cruciate ligament (ACL/PCL)
- After ligament surgery/syndesmoplasty
- Complex instabilities (traumatic, degenerative)
- To restrict the range of movement of the knee (for example, after collateral ligament injuries, meniscal suturing or meniscal implantation)
MEASUREMENT AND SIZING TABLE